Bank of America – Short Sale Agent Update

BAC Short-Sale Page Logo 2

January 6, 2015

Distressed California Homeowners May Qualify for the California’s Keep Your Home California Transition Assistance Program (TAP)

If you are a financially distressed California client can no longer afford their homes and are pursuing a short sale or a deed in lieu of foreclosure, you may be eligible for financial help with your relocation to alternative housing.

The funds come from the Transition Assistance Program (TAP), part of the Keep Your Home California Program.

The state of California is providing up to $5,000 in transition assistance to qualified homeowners who can no longer afford to stay in their homes. You can help by advising your distressed clients that they must:

• Apply for the funds through their state’s website or by calling 1.888.954.5337.

• Maintain their property until their house is sold or returned to the lender via a negotiated deed in lieu of foreclosure.

For qualified homeowners, these state funds may be used in addition to any other transition assistance that the homeowner may receive by participating in the Federal Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives (HAFA) program or in any other pre-offer short sale program.

To learn more about the Transition Assistance Program’s guidelines, and how you may qualify, please visit that program’s website here.

You can also call 1.888.954.5337 and identify yourselves as Bank of a America customer.